You should apply to the Robert T. Kenney Scholarship Program at the American Savings Foundation if:
- You are a current high school senior, current college student, or a nontraditional adult student.
- Next year, you plan to attend an accredited, Title IV eligible community college, 4-year college or university, or a technical/ vocational program in the U.S.
- You are a United States citizen or a non-U.S. citizen who is able to apply for federal student aid; or you have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, as evidenced by a valid Employment Authorization Card.
- High school seniors -- you are either ranked in the top 1/3 of your graduating class or you have at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Current college students – you have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- You live in any one of the 64 Connecticut towns served by the American Savings Foundation.
- You have not already completed a bachelor's degree.
You may be nominated for the Kenney Community Service Award if:
- You live in New Britain or Waterbury
- You are currently a high school senior
- You have an exceptional record of community service