Title: Bravo Program Intern
Dates: June 11 - August 3
Hours: Hours will be Monday-Thursday from 11:00 am- 6:30 pm and Fridays 11:00 am-3:00 pm. The hours will adjust as needed for field trips that may exceed the weekly hours requirement to ensure we stay within the 35 hrs/wk.
Intern will work directly with the Bravo staff, faculty and responsibilities will depend on the applicant’s interest and qualifications. This summer we are piloting a music-science integration project. This project will require our intern to assist the Science Specialist with materials preparations, execution of experiments, and final performance presentations.
- Assist the Artistic Director, Administrative Director, and Site Coordinator with miscellaneous general management and basic marketing tasks.
- Assist in performances including set-up, student transitions, stage striking
- Supervise students during transitions to classes
- Conduct demographic research to support marketing and business development planning.
- Assist in maintaining our social networking activity in coordination with
marketing plan (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks including document management, filing, mail preparation, etc.
Interns will gain experience in arts administration, non-profit development, logistics, and marketing. Some great college majors would be non-profit, marketing, early education, music, music education, and urban education. Interns will also gain experience in professionalism, and time management.
Ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in working with children, planning meaningful activities for children ages 5-14 years old, and a sense of humor. Candidates will also be extremely organized, have the ability to multi-task, and take direction quickly.
Major in music management, music performance, music education, or marketing is not required, however; likely candidates will have at least some course work in one or more of these disciplines or equivalent experience.