Title: Management Intern
Dates: The supervisor is willing to work out flexible hours that meet the requirements of the internship and those of the student where possible. Some Saturday hours may be an option if requested.
Hours: The student must be available during weekdays between the hours of 7 AM and 2 PM, with some afternoons requiring later hours based upon scheduled programs and meetings.
The student will work in collaboration with and supervised by the Assistant Director for Community Services to assist her in the management of a busy inner city soup kitchen that serves approximately 200 guests daily. The student will also work in collaboration with the Asst. Director in the oversight and leadership of local, regional and statewide systems that oversee programs and services relating to homelessness.
Specific tasks the student may expect to be involved in include but are not limited to:
• Management of the Soup Kitchen program at St. Vincent de Paul Middletown
• Operational tasks as they relate to the Soup Kitchen program
• Involvement in specific programs within the Soup Kitchen that include, among others, a homeless speaker’s bureau
• Attendance at meetings that relate to local and regional systems that impact and address homelessness including the Meriden, Middlesex County- Wallingford Coordinated Access Network and the Coalition on Housing and Homelessness.
• Organizing project and programs as they emerge and impact the Soup Kitchen population including outreach and engagement opportunities.
Facilitation of groups, Understanding of systems, Direct service skills, Understanding of outreach and engagement skills, Understanding of the community-based social work model
Social Services, Social Work, Human Services