Northwest Regional Workforce Investment Board
Title: Information Technology Intern - Part time
Dates: Dates are flexible and we can coordinate with the intern's school schedule to avoid any conflict.
Hours: PART TIME: 15-20 hours per week. Our office operates Monday through Friday between 8:30AM and 4:30PM
Seeking an enthusiastic intern to join our team to provide creative ideas and work with our current information technology team providing support in maintaining hardware, software and other systems. This job will include administrative duties in developing and implementing technological strategies. Our hope is to gain insightful contributions that will help develop and expand our current efforts.
Projects assigned during internship experience will be geared to reflect the unique skill sets of the intern. The objectives below serve as guidelines for the intern and supervisor in designing a successful work experience applicable to the NRWIB:
- Select hardware and software to meet needs of the NRWIB
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and/or upgrade PC hardware, peripherals, operating systems, network connectivity, and application software
- Design, install, troubleshoot, configure, monitor, and maintain networks, including hubs, switches and routers
- Perform routine backup, restore, and virus protection
- Provide user support at all levels
- Utilize Internet resources to research and resolve technical issues
- Design, develop, manage, and support informational databases
- Develop and support windows-based and web-based software applications
- Documentation of enterprise information systems
- Develop policies and procedures for the ethical use of computers
- Customize software programs for business application and user requirements
- Create and maintain web sites
- Design, develop, and support database applications
- Create and present multimedia presentations
- Develop and deliver workshops or in-service training
- Maintain professional demeanor and positive interaction with co-workers and supervisors
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT position.
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals.
- Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings.
Suggested College Majors:
Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
We are seeking a driven, ambitious individual who wants to create a career in the field. The internship supervisory team expects the intern to possess basic skills involving computer hardware, operating systems, networking, office productivity applications, database management, web development, and software development.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail