Title: Marketing / Communications Intern
Location: New Britain
Dates: June 3 - August 9, 2019. The final dates are flexible and will be confirmed once the intern is selected.
Hours: 35 hours / week, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If the intern is willing to participate in evening or weekend events/activities, work hours will be adjusted as necessary and mutually agreed upon in advance.
The intern will:
- Assists with writing and editing press releases, speeches and special correspondence for Hospital for Special Care and its affiliates, marketing collateral materials, general capabilities brochure, fact sheets, and other publications as needed.
- Assists in the development of communications tools (video, print) ensuring that they continually align with, and improve, the Hospital’s brand image and visibility with all stakeholders, including the community, physicians, staff, government entities, patients, employers, and payers.
- Assists with ensuring that all print and video materials conveying the Hospital’s brand are high quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective.
- Assists with planning of local media-related activities and Hospital special events.
- Assists with writing, editing, and monitoring the Hospital’s social media sites and website, as required.
- Provides support to other department assistants with needed.
- Assists with the Hospital’s Yard Goats skybox and ticket distribution.
- Assists with Travelers Championship event and ticket distribution.
- Assists with Joy of Art! program.
- Attend bi-weekly Marketing/Communication committee meetings.
The Robert T. Kenney Scholars Summer Intern will experience working with a team that markets a $100 million dollar a year healthcare institution with a diverse and rapidly changing environment. An internship with Hospital for Special Care will provide relevant and meaningful work experience to include in a resume as well as professional references and networking contacts.
Marketing, Communications, Health Services